Tuesday, February 17, 2015

November Rain

November Rain. Oil on panel, 8" x 8". NFS (yet).

November Rain is the very first recipe I was given for my second Mixology book. I had just received the first shipment of Mixology #1 and was waiting for the release party, when I saw a news article about Curtis Day, bar manager at Casper Fry. Casper Fry is four blocks from my house, but I had only recently discovered their great cocktails.

As luck would have it, we ended up there that night. I wanted to try the November Rain, a drink Curtis had invented that was mentioned in the news story. I had never met Curtis, but it turned out he already knew about my first book project. Not only did he make the off-menu drink, he offered that recipe and more.

Curtis has since become my unofficial advisor, and I his mixology guinea pig.

I should mention that I LOVED the November Rain. So much so that I painted it three times before even remotely doing it justice. Above, the charmed number three.

No comments:

Post a Comment