Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Well Equipped

online
Well Equipped. Oil on panel, 8" x 8". $175. Click to buy.

This is another painting from my book, from a list of bar necessities. It's one of my favorites and it is now available on Daily Paintworks!

When I started setting up this still life, I knew it needed some sort of juicer, but I didn't have one. I had everything else in place, and was liking the green handles of the tools in the glass. Soon it was obvious that a green depression glass reamer would tie everything together, but it had to be small to fit in the setup. Of course I found exactly what I needed that very morning at United Hillyard Antique Mall. And a bonus antique Indian shaker besides.

And now for something (almost) completely different… just in time for the holidays, I have giclĂ©e reproductions of some of the most popular Mixology paintings available on Etsy. More about that here.

Back to the easel, and onward.

Never miss a painting! Subscribe here.






No comments:

Post a Comment