Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom. Oil on panel, 8" x 8". $175. Click to buy.

Cherry Blossom is another small painting available on Daily Paintworks. I am still posting one daily from the work I made for Yuletide. Really looking forward to doing new pieces, but I have several commissions lined up before I can start on new small work or paintings for the next book. But as for this painting...

Several years ago, I moved into my first studio outside of our house. It was in the basement of an old building that housed several retail and creative businesses. When I went to look at the studio, I met the soon-to-be-former tenant, a woman who made bags and children's clothes out of cool printed fabrics. She sold her creations on Etsy, but her business had grown to include yardage sales, and she had outgrown the studio. She was about to open a fabric shop in a real retail spot, called Buttercuppity after her Etsy business (seriously, how awesome is that name?).

The fabric in the background of this painting came from her shop, now sadly closed due to a health problem. Hopefully she is better now. I miss her shop and her blog. Ari Rooney, if you happen to see this, cheers to you!

Never miss a painting! Subscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment