Sunday, June 15, 2014

I'll Make Manhattans

This piece was purchased by another artist for a Manhattan-loving friend, who in turn commissioned a similar one (see below) for the first friend. If you see something on this blog that really blows your skirt up, but it's sold, I'm happy to create something similar.


Sold.

I'll Make Manhattans. Original oil on panel, 6" x 6".
I learned recently that Manhattans should be stirred rather than shaken. Shaking makes the drink cloudy, while stirring preserves the beautiful golden-ruby color and clarity. You can still use your shaker for mixing, of course! I like to add a tiny splash of the cherry juice as well. 

I am really happy with the Bakelite strainer handle in this piece especially, and the color harmony between it, the countertop, and the warm orange tone of the Bulleit Rye in the shot glass.


Meet Me in Manhattan. Original oil on panel, 6" x 6". (Commission.)


Never miss a painting! Subscribe here.



No comments:

Post a Comment